- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizings.
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Perform various welding operations, including setup and use of MIG, TIG, torch and stick welders.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding operations (e.g., precision surface facing), broaching procedures, and babbitt bearing work.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Set up and operate machines
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
Preferred minimum level of education: High School Diploma
Basic mechanical aptitude. Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-
related training and operational/safety procedures demonstrated by the supervisor.
On the job machine shop training desired.