- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on prospective and regular customers to obtain new equipment orders and Preventative Maintenance contracts.
- Maintains business relationships and responsible for growth of the territory. Additional responsibilities include working with the sales manager on account management and marketing, Establishing and implementation of sales strategies and tactics for existing and potential accounts, Classification of key accounts and scheduling visits accordingly. Seeking, identifying and qualification of new sales leads. Management of customer data base.
- Makes cold calls to potential accounts.
- Prepares and presents product demonstrations, catalog reviews, and technical proposals to sell components and systems.
- Prepare written quotations and proposals.
- Provides applications support (and training as required), answers technical questions, and provides general customer support.
- Works with factory representatives as required. Work with insides sales and engineering on customer applications and to solve customer problems.
- Prepare and submit reports for management on a timely basis.
Minimum of 2 to 4 years of inside or outside sales or technical support experience in an industrial distribution environment.
Special Skills Required:
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong selling, negotiating, and presentation skills.
- Aggressive follow up and closing skills
- Fearless attitude; able to make cold calls without hesitation
- Experience with computers and MS office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Industrial Sales
Experience: At least 2 year(s)